6 Signs You Need to Refinish Your Wooden Floors
Refinishing your wooden floors can help revive their appearance and extend their lifespan. First Class Wood Flooring provides refinish wood floors services in Bay Shore, Brookhaven, Miller Place, Selden, Suffolk County and surrounding regions.
These are the six signs that indicate it may be time to refinish your wooden floors:
- Visible wear and tear: If your wooden floors have noticeable scratches, dents, or gouges, it’s a clear sign that the protective finish has worn down. Refinishing can address these imperfections and restore the floor’s smooth surface.
- Fading or discoloration: Over time, exposure to sunlight and foot traffic can cause the stain or finish on wooden floors to fade or discolor. Refinishing can bring back the original color and luster of the wood.
- Warping or cupping: If you notice that the wooden floorboards have started to warp, cup, or become uneven, it could be due to moisture damage. Refinishing can help seal the wood and prevent further moisture absorption.
- Deep stains or water damage: Stubborn stains or water damage can penetrate the wood and affect its integrity. Refinishing can sand away these stains and restore the floor’s surface.
- Squeaky or loose boards: Loose or squeaky boards are a sign of a deteriorating subfloor or adhesive. Refinishing can help fix these issues and secure the boards in place.
- Finish has worn away: Wooden floors have a protective finish that helps them resist wear and tear. If the finish has worn away and you can see bare wood, it’s time to refinish the floors to protect them from further damage.
Keep in mind that the frequency of refinishing depends on the type of wood, the level of foot traffic, and the care your floors receive. Generally, wooden floors should be refinished every 7-10 years, but some high-traffic areas may require more frequent maintenance. It’s important to consult with a flooring professional to assess the condition of your floors and determine the best course of action for refinishing. Kindly call us without hesitation