Hardwood Refinishing & Installation throughout Suffolk County and Long Island
Hardwood floors represent an investment in the beauty and comfort of your home that you will appreciate for years.
We can help you rediscover the beauty of existing floors that have suffered neglect, damage, or normal wear and tear over the years.
If you’d like an updated look to your existing wood floors, we can perform:
- Stripping Hardwood Floors
- Sanding Hardwood Floors
- Refinishing Hardwood Floors
- Cleaning & Polishing Wood Floors
Refinishing services that add beauty and value to your hardwood floors.
With routine maintenance, a wood floor may occasionally need a new coat of finish. Often, deep scratches or worn spots are created due to high levels of foot traffic. This results in the need to have the floor sanded to the bare wood. We are trained professionals that know how to use wood resurfacing techniques to bring those tired hardwood floors back to excellence.
Hardwood floor refinishing begins with sanding down to the bare wood removing scratches, dents, and of course the old stain and finish. Then you pick a stain color. You can even request a special blend of stain just for your hardwood floors. The last step is choosing a finish sheen. Just like paint, there is satin, gloss, or a high-gloss finish to protect your hardwood floors and make them shine.
Signs Your Wood Floor Needs to be Refinished
- Visible Wear and Tear – One of the most obvious signs that you may need to refinish your hardwood floor is if it shows visible signs of wear and tear. This may include scratches, scuff marks, and areas where the finish has worn away. Over time, foot traffic and furniture can wear down the finish on a hardwood floor, which can leave it looking dull and faded.
- Fading or Discoloration – Another sign that it may be time to refinish your hardwood floor is if it has started to fade or become discolored. This can be caused by exposure to sunlight, moisture damage, or simply due to the aging process of the wood. If you notice that your hardwood floor has become significantly lighter or darker in certain areas, this could be a sign that it’s time to refinish.
- Water Damage – Water damage can be particularly damaging to hardwood floors, as it can cause the wood to warp, swell, or even rot. If you notice any signs of water damage on your hardwood floor, such as cupping or buckling, it’s important to take action right away. Refinishing the floor can help to prevent further damage and restore the beauty of the wood.
Frequently Asked Questions
Repairing and Refinishing Your Floors, the Right Way!
Hardwood Floor Installation
First Class Wood Flooring has a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals who can deliver exceptional flooring results! We use the latest techniques and tools to ensure that the installation process is efficient and precise. Additionally, we offer a wide range of options, including hardwood and CoreTec Luxury Vinyl Plank Installation — we’ll help you choose the perfect flooring solution for your home. With our team’s expertise and attention to detail, you can trust First Class Wood Flooring to create beautiful and durable hardwood floors that will last for years to come.
- Luxury Wood Flooring
- Waterproof Laminate Flooring
- All major credit cards accepted
- Highest service standards
- 10% Discount for Military Personnel & Seniors over 65
- 10% Certificate for Referrals
- Everyday Low Prices!
- Certified Laminate & Engineered Hardwood Installer
- Laminate Floors
- Engineered Hardwood Floors
- Decorative Borders
- Custom Stains
- Repairing Old Wood Floors
- New Floor Installations
- Wood Floor Refinishing
- Unfinished & Pre-Finished Solid
- Trek Plus, LNL (Last-n-Last) Wood Floor Finishes
- Free Estimates
- Wood Care Tips
- 100% polyurethane clear wood floor finish for professional use on commercial floors