5 Tips on Maintaining Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Maintaining hardwood floor refinishing is crucial to ensure the longevity and beauty of your floors. First Class Wood Flooring offers the same in and around Baiting Hollow, NY, Port Jefferson, NY, Rocky Mount, NY, Wildwood, NY, Suffolk County, Miller Place, NY.
Here are five tips to help you keep your hardwood floors looking their best:
- Regular Cleaning: Sweeping, vacuuming, or dry mopping your hardwood floors on a regular basis will prevent dirt, dust, and debris from scratching the surface. Use a soft-bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to avoid damaging the finish.
- Avoid Excess Water: While hardwood floors are relatively water-resistant, excessive moisture can still damage the finish and even cause the wood to warp or swell. Clean up spills promptly and avoid using soaking wet mops for cleaning. Instead, use a damp (not wet) mop or a microfiber cloth with a hardwood floor cleaner recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use Area Rugs and Mats: Place rugs or mats in high-traffic areas, near entrances, and under furniture to protect the floor from scratches, scuffs, and dirt. Make sure these mats have a non-slip backing to prevent them from moving and potentially causing damage.
- Furniture Pads: Attach felt or rubber furniture pads to the legs of your furniture to prevent them from scratching or denting the floor when moved. These pads also make it easier to slide furniture across the floor without causing damage.
- Periodic Maintenance: Depending on foot traffic and wear, your hardwood floors might need periodic maintenance. This could include buffing and recoating the finish to restore its luster. Consult the manufacturer’s recommendations for specific maintenance intervals, and consider hiring a professional to perform refinishing tasks when necessary.
Remember that the specific maintenance needs of your hardwood floors may vary based on the type of wood, finish, and the level of foot traffic they experience. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for the best practices to maintain your specific hardwood floor refinishing. Please call us without any hesitation.